8a Application Requirements

Four things you must do before filling out your 8a application.

Are you ready to fill out your 8a application? Before you begin filling out your 8a application you need to register your business into a couple of databases.

1.You need to obtain your Employer Identification Number also know as your (EIN). The EIN is a permanent tax identification number for your business. You will need your EIN number in order to open a bank account, apply for your business certificate and for filling out your business tax return.
2.Dun And Bradstreet registration number: Your Dun and Bradstreet number is required in order to register for Federal government contracts and grants. The Dun and Bradstreet number is free and takes only a day or two to obtain.
3.Central Contractor Registration (CCR): As a requirement for obtaining your 8a certification and filling out the online 8a application, you must register your business within this database. The CCR number is also required in order to do business with the Federal Government. The CCR is a central government vendor registration database. The CCR database allows the Federal government to streamline the procurement process.
4.General Log-in System (GLS): This is the main login system for all SBA services. Once you sign up, it will take several days for the SBA to provide you with your login details.
Contact Us Today

As you can see the 8a application process contains many details. Although the SBA allows you the opportunity to fill out the application on your own, doing so will require that you research and figure out all the things you need to complete your 8a application. According to the SBA the number one reason in which 8a applications are rejected is due to missing information.

The SBA 8a Certification Attorneys at DBE Direct are experienced and available to help you complete your 8a application.

Call us at (305) 755-9551